Job Position - Vasular Ultrasound Technologist Full-Time
Complete the form below if you'd like to apply for this position:
Vasular Ultrasound Technologist Full-Time
- Explain procedure to patient, to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation.
- Verify in PACS and complete work in RIS and is able to answer patient, technologist and radiologist questions.
- Must be able to go beyond duties in order to do what is best for the patients and department.
- Selects equipment for use in ultrasound setup according to specifications of examination to achieve optimal results.
- Selects transducer and adjusts equipment controls according to organ to be examined, depth of field, and other specifications of test.
- Follows protocols requested by Radiologist.
- Performs Ultrasound exams and related duties with a high degree of quality and speed.
- Assures for provision of safe and effective services.
- Demonstrates Proficiency in Equipment Operation.
- Evaluates images for technical quality.
- Effectively demonstrates the anatomic area of interest and assures proper identification is recorded.
- Prepare and assist with Interventional procedures to include handling of specimens and completing lab forms.
- Reports equipment malfunction to the department Manager and/or service technicians in order to expedite repairs.
- Cleans work area. Cleans patient exam area. Maintains appropriate supplies on a daily basis.
- Must be flexible to work at multiple locations, Must be flexible to work varied shifts.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Demonstrates a commitment to "World Class Customer Service" and promotes a positive work environment
- Associates Degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- ARDMS with specialty certification in Abdominal and Ob/Gyn as a minimum. If minimum certifications not met, additional certification must be obtained within 12 months. If a recent graduate, must be ARDMS eligible for Abdominal and Ob/Gyn exams at time of hire.
- This position also requires Vasular certification.