Job Position - MR/CT Technologist
Complete the form below if you'd like to apply for this position:
- Explain procedure to patient, to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation. Requests removal of metal objects which are hazardous to patient and equipment when magnet is activated. Position and immobilize patient in exam scanners and observe during scan for patient safety.
- Monitor video display of area being scanned and adjust technique to improve quality. Review and evaluate images for technical quality for diagnostic purposes.
- Use radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety of patients and staff.
- Able to answer patient, technologist and radiologist questions.
- Must be able to go beyond duties in order to do what is best for the patients and department.
- Screens all personnel prior to entering magnetic resonance imaging room to comply with all safety measures.
- verify in PACS and complete work in RIS
- Understands and demonstrates correct usage of necessary equipment to perform procedures.
- Follows protocols requested by Radiologist.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of communication tool that allows patient and technologist to communicate during examination.
- Enters data such as patient history, anatomical area to be scanned, orientation specified, and position of entry into aperture into computer.
- Completes forms and maintains records, logs, and reports of work performed.
- Performs routine maintenance, diagnoses malfunctions, and is responsible in arranging for repairs as needed.
- Must be flexible to work at multiple locations, Must be flexible to work varied shifts
- All other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates a commitment to "World Class Customer Service" and promotes a positive work environment
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school
- ARRT board certification in CT and MR must be obtained. If not certified in specialty must be obtained within 24 months.
- I.V. Skills