Job Position - Medical Registration Specialist Full-Time Day
Complete the form below if you'd like to apply for this position:
Medical Registration Specialist Full-Time Day
- Greets and directs patients and visitors.
- Verifies patient's appointments and time upon registration.
- Verifies patient's record is up to date and accurate. Makes appropriate changes in computer system and on patient's records.
- Works closely with billing and scheduling departments for patient insurance verification.
- Collect co-pays, deductibles and inquire on previous balances.
- Assists with other medical office needs, including scheduling, telephone inquiries and taking payments.
- Operates a personal computer and appropriate software packages or its equivalent.
- Assist in requests for medical records.
- Meet productivity, quality/accuracy and collections benchmarks.
- Flexible to work at multiple locations and different shifts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Demonstrates a commitment to "World Class Customer Service" and promotes a positive work environment
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- 1+ year of experience working in healthcare (i.e. patient admitting,/registration, patient accounting, medical records, physician's office)
- or completion of a medical billing or medical assistant trade school certificate
- or 2+ years' experience working in customer service within a non-healthcare industry
- Basic computer Skills