Job Position - Contact Center Authorization Supervisor
Complete the form below if you'd like to apply for this position:
Contact Center Authorization Supervisor
- Administer annual, 60-day, and ad hoc individual Performance Evaluations in-line with the company's performance standards: quality, customer care, operational efficiency, and professionalism.
- Develop goals with staff, goals and productivity targets using data collection and reporting.
- Partners with the Contact Center Manager to facilitate time-off requests.
- Reviews /bi-weekly timecards for payroll.
- Engages team by being available and providing support.
- Supports team and individuals in line with the Company's mission, vision, values, and goals.
- Partners with the Contact Center Manager to ensure proper contact center staffing and job functions is covered and used effectively to service customers.
- Responsible for screening, interviewing and hiring new staff members as required.
- Focuses on improving the quality, service, and efficiency of the Verification Authorization Representatives team.
- Conducts quality assurance and delivers timely feedback and results to Verification Authorization Representatives.
- Ability to make sound, logical decisions that pertain to the contact center in the absence of Manager and Director.
- Training and Development: Seek opportunity for staff development; implement effective training. Assesses training needs, and provides ongoing guidance and staff development for the Verification Authorization Representatives.
- Coaches staff in problem-solving techniques along with alternative ways to accomplish tasks.
- Upholds and manages HR policies and procedures.
- Ability to administer disciplinary action and address other staff-related concerns.
- Accepts escalated referring physician and patient calls both positive and negative to achieve quality and service. Assists with special cases and escalation calls (internal and external).
- Revise resource materials and job tools to reflect current practices and workflows.· Develop WIKI resource tool.
- Build solid work relationships and serve as a liaison to other departments within SMIL.
- Uphold statistical service level requirements in the Contact Center (i.e., Accessions protocoled, tasks closed, etc.)
- Identifies and reports to the Contact Center Manager any potential problems or successes within the Verification Authorization Representatives.
- Facilitate and participate in meetings and other ad hoc committees.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or requested.
- Experience with patient benefits, eligibility, requesting clinical documents and obtaining insurance pre-authorization.
- Knowledgable with setting up and performing peer to peer review.
- Stay informed; communicate to team and management any updates and changes in payor authorization requirements.
- Experience working with major insurance companies such as; Humana, BCBS, Medicare, etc.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact tactfully and diplomatically with patients, families, referring physicians, and internal staff.
- Responsible for managing and staying on top of the denial queue; ensuring denials are worked promptly to ensure we attempt to collect payment.
- Knowledgeable in labor laws and human resources.
- Think strategically and operationally, displaying analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Assist Imaging Center Staff, Scheduling Staff, and Assessment Coordinator Departments regarding Authorization and Eligibility.
- Effectively leads various teams within various job roles.
- Maintain knowledge in the relevant field at all times.
- Participates in ad-hoc work-related travels.
- Highly proficient communication skills – conveys ideas in writing, verbally, telephonic, and in person.
- Ability to compose memorandums, emails, and letters using proper grammar.
- Demonstrates a pleasant disposition, positive attitude, and possess the ability to maintain a friendly and professional approach during periods of stress.
- Fosters and reinforces team-based results.
- Anticipates and adapts to change (e.g., market changes, policy changes, operational procedures) in a positive manner. Lead by example.
- Demonstrates ability to handle multiple tasks with short timelines, prioritize and organize work in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to participate in special projects, complete assignments and meet deadlines.
- Dependable and Flexible with work schedule.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook, with the ability to interpret professional documents.
- Demonstrates a commitment to "World Class Customer Service" and promotes a positive work environment
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 2+ years of Supervisor or Team Lead experience preferred.
- 2+ years of prior-authorization experience preferred.
- Professional training certification is a plus, but not required.
- Radiology/medical industry related certification is a plus, but not required.