Job Position - Radiology Scheduler
Complete the form below if you'd like to apply for this position:
- Schedules and confirms appointments for a variety of exams using a computerized system.
- Receives calls through phone queue and also makes outgoing calls to patients with faxed orders.
- Monitors and fills in schedule with add-ons throughout the day.
- Initiates protocol process by either transferring patient to Assessment Coordinator, or scheduling "Assessment" exams at time of appointment for MRI, CT, and Biopsy patients.
- Ensures that patient demographic and insurance data is complete and accurate (e.g. Patient contact phone numbers, Insurance carrier and ID#).
- Key in location code to generate worklist.
- Provides patients with complete instructions including; any preps required, location, date and time of exam.
- Submit merge request for duplicate accounts.
- Communicates with imaging centers regarding cases and special needs of patients.
- Seeks assistance from scheduling notes, scheduling coordinator and supervisor as needed. Communicates to Contact Center Coordinator potential problems to receive direction on how to resolve situation(s).
- Attaches orders that have been faxed to the appropriate file.
- Schedules Blocks and releases blocks as assigned.
- Reviews orders to ensure all ordered exams are scheduled or are being scheduled.
- Call patients when requested.
- Participates in Training /Orienting/Mentoring new employees as requested by contact center coordinator.
- Participate in meetings. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Demonstrates a commitment to "World Class Customer Service" and promotes a positive work environment
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 2-3 Years Scheduling
- Radiology/Medical Industry, MA or Back Office experience or related Certification a plus