Job Position - Mammography Technologist
Complete the form below if you'd like to apply for this position:
- Prepares and positions patient for mammography procedures.
- Explains procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation.
- Moves imaging equipment into specified position determines exposure factors based on patient characteristics and adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors and produce images of proper detail, density, and accuracy.
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Processes images and reviews for proper identification and quality control.
- Explains purpose and procedures for breast self-examination to patients and answers patients' questions.
- Prepares images for reading by radiologist or requesting physician.
- Completes work in RIS and PACS.
- Performs routine maintenance, diagnoses malfunctions, and makes minor repairs on radiologic equipment, arranging for repairs as needed.
- Protocol schedules, obtains and reviews previous mammograms, makes follow-up calls, and performs other administrative tasks as necessary.
- Completes forms and maintains records, logs, and reports of work performed.
- Prepare and assist with Interventional procedures to include handling of specimens and completing lab forms.
- Performs Stereotactic procedures, Bone Density procedures and X-ray procedures when needed or required.
- Must be flexible to work at multiple locations and varied shifts. Demonstrates a commitment to "World Class Customer Service" and promotes a positive work environment.
- Fileroom tasks up to including uploading CD's, SHS images, digitizing films and creating loan requests Other duties may be assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Communicates changes and progress.
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback;
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Follows policies and procedures. Uses time efficiently.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner. Is consistently at work and on time.
- Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
- Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed. Displays original thinking and creativity; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Demonstrates a commitment to "World Class Customer Service" and promotes a positive work environment
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two year college of technical school
- MRTBE (CMT & CRT)
- ARRT - (R) (M) board certification must be obtained in Mammography