Job Position - Mammography Technologist
Complete the form below if you'd like to apply for this position:
- Prepares and positions patient for mammography procedures.
- Explains procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation.
- Moves imaging equipment into specified position determines exposure factors based on patient characteristics and adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors and produce images of proper detail, density, and accuracy.
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Processes images and reviews for proper identification and quality control.
- Explains purpose and procedures for breast self-examination to patients and answers patients' questions.
- Prepares images for reading by radiologist or requesting physician.
- Completes work in RIS and PACS.
- Performs routine maintenance, diagnoses malfunctions, and makes minor repairs on radiologic equipment, arranging for repairs as needed.
- Protocol schedules, obtains and reviews previous mammograms, makes follow-up calls, and performs other administrative tasks as necessary.
- Completes forms and maintains records, logs, and reports of work performed.
- Prepare and assist with Interventional procedures to include handling of specimens and completing lab forms.
- Performs Stereotactic procedures, Bone Density procedures and X-ray procedures when needed or required.
- Must be flexible to work at multiple locations and varied shifts.
- Demonstrates a commitment to "World Class Customer Service" and promotes a positive work environment.
- Fileroom tasks up to including uploading CD's, SHS images, digitizing films and creating loan requests
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrates a commitment to "World Class Customer Service" and promotes a positive work environment
- Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school
- MRTBE (CMT & CRT)
- ARRT (R) (M) board certification must be obtained in Mammography